- Sunday meetings will be a broadcast on our GCK YouTube channel from 4pm. There will be songs to sing at home with piano accompaniment, prayers and a sermon. We will stick with our programme of sermons in the series advertised. As a church family we will all be engaging with worship, prayer and God’s word at the same time, and we have opportunity afterwards to talk via videolink.
- It’s easier than ever to ‘come to church‘. Do join us and invite friends to tune in too.
- Struggling in the lockdown? This website has helpful videos addressing many different issues we face at the moment. Check it out: www.lookforhope.org.
- Have a read of the leaflet ‘Hope Beyond Coronavirus’ (pdf download) for news about where true hope is found.
- Now is a really good time to think seriously about Christianity. The Christianity Explored series of short videos takes us through Mark’s gospel, which is one of four biographies of Jesus in the Bible. It starts by describing itself as the Gospel (which means ‘good news’) about Jesus Christ, and explores the claims he makes and what those mean about his identity. If you would like to go through these with someone, do get in touch with us, or invite someone you know to watch, read and discuss with you. Grab a pen and paper, and watch the first one here – have your finger over the pause button so that you can note anything important that strikes you, or any questions that it raises.
- We have two evening homegroups via video link using Google Suite, on your phone or computer. Do ask if you would be interested in joining one.
- Above all, pray! God is in control. This situation reminds us that we humans are not omnipotent and in control.
- Rather than going out for coffee together, catch up and pray with your friends over the phone or video call. Some of us are going to find the social isolation very hard.
- Serve those in need. If you are able to, please shop for those more vulnerable and those self-isolating. Reach out to your vulnerable neighbours with a phone call or practical support. Join in community support opportunities, such as the KASA Community Help Hub.
- You might find Andy’s blog particularly helpful.
- Pray for opportunities for the Gospel to be spread. We address issues of death, money, and global crises in our series of Real Life Issue events, which was planned before the current situation. These and all our recent Sunday meetings are available on our YouTube channel. Older talks are also available in our sermon archive.
- With extra time at home, why not commit to pray for longer than you’d normally have time for? Why not read that good Christian book or Bible study you’re normally too busy to read? How about ringing someone after the Sunday livestream and discussing what God said to you in the message? There are other good resources and sermons you can read and listen to, such as at www.clayton.tv or https://www.desiringgod.org/.
God can grow our love for him in the midst of this crisis!
Who are we?
Our name gives it away.
At the heart of the Christian message is God’s GRACE. It means that He is generous and loving. Human beings tend to ignore God but He responds by giving us a gift – His own Son coming to earth to die in our place. When you receive that sort of undeserved love from the God who made us, it really is life changing. We believe that is a different image of God from that which many people have. We want to give people in Kidlington the opportunity to explore whether that is true.
We are a CHURCH. Just after Jesus’ life, Christians started to gather together regularly. They listened to teaching from those who would ultimately write much of the Bible. They praised God and they prayed to Him. They formed a community where they supported each other. They were open to new people joining them who were looking into Christianity. That’s what we are doing – listening to God in the Bible, responding to Him in prayer and praise, being a warm and welcoming community together as we meet Sundays and midweek, and being open to those who want to look into Christianity.
We are based in KIDLINGTON. We pray for and are interested in Kidlington. We want to share the Good News of Jesus with our village.
We would love you to join us. Feel free to come along any Sunday or contact us if you would like more details.
Listen again to a recent sermon or see upcoming special events.
Grace Church Kidlington was launched on 1 October 2017 and is a recognised church plant with the FIEC.